News & Events
<< Back
   
Team Wealleans Matamata Cup Raceday 8th Ocobter 2016
07 Oct 2016

The Matamata Cup meeting scheduled for Saturday 8 October has been abandoned. The decision was taken following an inspection of the track this afternoon by a delegation of Club representatives, senior jockeys and trainers. The track has been inundated with rain in recent days and forecast fine conditions today did not eventuate with further rainfall resulting in significant surface water at the junction of the 1600m chute and the course proper. The inspection team was unanimous in its view that the meeting could not proceed.

 NZTR, the Northern Regional Programming Committee and the Matamata RC will consider what races, if any, can be appropriately rescheduled in coming weeks. The New Zealand Trainers Association will be included in that process and further announcements made in due course.