2021 LIFE PHARMACY MATAMATA Fashions In The Field
Racing is attractive to everyone, from the rich and famous to someone looking for a fun day out, all dressed to the nines for a display of elegance, opulence, style and glamour.
Raceday attire is all about style, sophistication, glamour and elegance and this is reflected in the fashion. When dressing for the track, think couture not cocktail – this is the day to dress in your finery!
What do the judges look for?
- Appropriateness for the raceday
- Suitability for the weather conditions of the day
- Style and originality
- Attention to detail
- A headpiece is an essential component of raceday for the ladies
- Understanding and interpretation of current fashion trends
- Grooming and deportment
Entrants may use any fabric or materials in the construction of their outfit (including head wear), but are reminded that a competitor’s ensemble should be appropriate for the weather conditions of the day.
Judged by a panel of fashion identities, participants compete for some fabulous prizes valued at over $10,000 with each individual category winner valued at over $1,000! The first twenty entrants will each receive a luxury gift bag – just for entering!
Stihl Shop Matamata Best Dressed Man
The menswear open to sophisticated and well-groomed gentlemen 18 years and over, who will embrace the racing theme and dress in accordance to the weather. Express yourself with style, flair, creativity – traditional suit or your own stylish spin on tradition
Tuscany Road Classic Lady
The Classic Lady is all about elegance and sophistication. The Classic Lady will have a clear comprehension and interpretation of race wear. A well co-ordinated outfit, attention to detail and accessories should complete an elegant race day ensemble.
Jacqueline Anne Contemporary Race Goer
Embracing the more relaxed style of race wear to be found on track. Your outfit should be appropriate for the season and the weather on the day. Avant-garde outfit that pushes the boundaries of traditional will be required for this more flamboyant category. Eye catching, creative and utterly fashionable.
Jane's Fashion and Accessories Local lady
This fabulous new category is open to anyone who thinks they have what it takes to show off their incredible style and wow our fashion judges. To be eligible for this prize package, contestants entering must live within the Matamata/Morrionsville/Te Aroha/Tirau area and must NOT have previously received a placing in a Fashion in the Field category at any other New Zealand competition.
This category will be judged in conjunction with all the above categories. Every beautiful ensemble deserves to be finished with fabulous headwear. This award will be presented to the most stunning millenary creation.
Junior Fashion in the Field
Pre-register with the Scene newspaper.
For details contact 07 888 4489
Thursday 25th February 5.30pm
Railside by the Green
Free Entry – Live Music – Sashes for all entrants!
2 – 4 years
5 – 8 years
9 – 13 years
LIFE PHARMACY MATAMATA Fashion In The Field Information, Terms & Conditions
- The Promoter of the 2021 Fashion in the Field, to be held 27th February, is Matamata Racing Club of 7555 Hinuera Road, Matamata.
- To the extent of any inconsistency in the information on how to enter and any other details and instructions, these terms and conditions prevail. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- All entrants must be 14 (fourteen) years of age or over at the date of the event.
- For the overall Grand Prize winning contestant to represent Matamata Racing Club at the Ellerslie Ned Prix De Fashion, held Saturday 6th March 2021 at Ellerslie. The contestant must be 18 years of age and have a current driver’s licence as at Saturday 6th March 2021. If a contestant does not meet the above criteria, or is unavailable, the promoters reserve the right to select an alternative contestant (not necessarily another major category winner). Any winner must also be bound by all terms and conditions of the Ellerslie event.
- Employees or immediate family members of an employee, or representatives of the Matamata Racing Club associated with this event are ineligible to enter or judge the event.
- Employees or immediate family members of an employee, or representatives of our sponsors associated with this event are ineligible to enter or judge the event.
- Entrant Registration will be taken online up until 12 pm Friday 26th February or from 11 am oncourse and will close prior to the first race on Saturday 27th February at the fashion registration marquee (registration close off may be extended at the promoter’s discretion)
- Failure to appear at the allocated time for judging and/or at the semi-final, final or presentation(s) will result in disqualification. You will be notified of these times at the registration marquee.
- The wearer of the winning outfit is deemed the prize-winner.
- The judges’ decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into.
- All voucher prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the company the voucher is issued for.
- Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
- Should adverse weather conditions prevent the competition taking place on the outdoor catwalk, the event may be moved indoors to an area to be advised on the day. If the race meeting is abandoned, the event may be cancelled and a substitute event may not be offered.
- Entry in the competition is deemed as consent by the winners to appear in a reasonable amount of advertising and publicity including use and publication of the winner’s photo (either by the Club or any other third party to which it is licensed).
- All photographs of entrants taken on-course on the day of the competition become the property of the Matamata Racing Club and may be used for future advertising and publicity purposes.
- Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, the Promoter and any other person or party associated with the promotion shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered, sustained or caused (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the promotion or any prize.
- Entrants may only enter the competition in their own private capacity and not on behalf of a third party including any commercial enterprise.
- Neither contestants nor their outfits are permitted to commercially promote a brand, store, designer or any other commercial enterprise.
- Contestants must not receive any payment or benefit from a third party, including but not limited to any commercial enterprise for entering (or otherwise in connection with) the competition.